Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My Weakness Revealed





I suppose all of us have one weakness that we are aware of...... and we really do not like to discuss it -not hard for anyone to see what mine is, desserts. I have such a difficult time passing any window that is displaying an assortment of tasty and elegant looking desserts. What artful displays lure me to press my nose against the window, drool a bit and then reach for the camera..........I have to take pictures of everything! What for? I must admit I do it because I'm hoping to capture the talent and creativeness of these fabulous bakers in a shot and not in my mouth............Look at it as a way to not gain weight while on vacation. That does not happen all the time......a few pounds from these wonderful delights travel home with me occassionally!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I was pretty good about not buying or eating a lot of sweets in France. I did but pain au chocolate daily in Paris, but I stuck to yogurt and apples down in the Lot.

But oh, such works of art!

Lovely photos, Jann.

K and S said...

lovely photos and I'll take a slice of each one please!

L Vanel said...

This has me in the mood to make a tarte, Jann. How inspiring!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I do the same thing - I'm always photographing sweets in the window! I'm often afraid the owner is going to chase me away!

Peabody said...

Holy Mother of all things good...that is one heck of a weakness.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Paris is the city for such a weakness. My husband and I are always taking the pastries photos!
I eat a lot fewer of them than I drool over.
They are works of art!

Christine said...

Mu justification for going ahead and eating those beauties anyway was all the walking we did! And now I can look at your gorgeous photos and know that I know what they taste like!
Thanks Jann!

Katie said...

Paris has the most beautiful bakery windows in the world!