Thursday, May 24, 2007

Elegant Grocery Store




Tucked away in a corner behind Place de la Madeleine is the famous Fauchon. This fine establishment is located in the 8th Arrondissement, epitomizing refinement and glamour around every corner. Here one can shop for fruits, cheeses, wines, spices, meats, coffees- anything your heart desires for the perfect meal or gift. If it is exotic, it will probably be here............This is one of the dozens of specialty shops that caters to the Parisians. I didn't get all the photographs I would have liked, as they are really on the watch for people snapping pictures all the time-I do a great deal of shooting through the elegantly bedecked windows. Just another look at what Paris has to offer~

10 comments:

K and S said...

this market looks very nice! I think I could spend lots of time browsing there :)

Katie Zeller said...

Fauchon, Hediard, Maille, Baccarat....I love that 'place'

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

We've walked here so many times ...

Jann said...

My kitchen-it is a lovely section to spend a morning. I'll meet you for coffee here sometime!

Katie-It full of fun shops for foodies!

K&S- plan to visit here sometime. you will be delighted ..

Suz. said...

Hi Jann-
I love the new look of your blog! Great colors and bold, yet simple design. Good job!

Freya said...

I really hope to visit Paris sometime this year - your photographs of the market displays are bringing tears to my eyes! Simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

And I had to pop by this blog tonight too....lol
I love going to Fauchon. So much to see and buy there. I'll be back to visit this blog also. Great photos!

Parisbreakfasts said...

Oh my FAVORITE place of all...
YUM!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I'm with Carol, it's my favorite, too!

Everything they sell here is perfect, and fabulous!!
Lidy

Unknown said...

I wanted to get there. I did. Next time.