Thursday, April 17, 2014

Making Fresh Mozzarella Cheese

The biggest hurdle was just getting the fresh cows milk~ this included a one hour drive.... but very well worth it!

Carefully stirring and adding the rennet at the proper time~blew the first batch! At 10$ a gallon, that hurts! Must read and follow directions very carefully! I could absolutely kick myself for reading too fast!

Added some fresh basil and parsley from my herb patch.


Final touch was adding some delicious balsamic vinegar and olive oil from some of the friends we visit while on my Tuscan tour.....all I needed for dinner tonight! So worth the drive and effort! There are tons of recipes on line~this recipe is from a class I took last week in Tampa. They are all so similar......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jann, I have been wanting to try this for several years now. I may have to start with a kit, though.

Christine said...

Looks wonderful! I seem to be missing the recipe. Which one did you use, and did it take long?

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

How fun and your results are gorgeous.
Sam

wholesale siver jewellery said...

Nice post, fully informative thanks for sharing

2d animation Training said...

It is really interesting, I hope everybody lick this Post.