Thursday, November 30, 2006

16, Rue Royal, Paris


Despite the fact that I feel very crowded and occassionally rub elbows with total strangers..... and I am seated at a marble-topped table made for a person much, much smaller than myself..... Laduree still remains a haven of calmness for me and the many Parisians that are regulars .
Mouthwatering delectables entice you as soon as you enter this establishment. Counters are arranged to perfection with assortments of pasteries and of course, their famous macaroons, teas and cofffees, eclairs, petits -fours, chocolates, house cakes, brioches, pains au chocolates and an entire assortment of condiments to tuck in your suitcase for your travels home.
Croissants are the essential French pastry and simply put, nothing beats the real thing.....Once in a "blue moon" I will run across a croissant that appears to be flakey, but pick it up and it is loaded with fat and generally leaves a huge grease mark on the plate and all over my fingers. I give up! I just wait for the real thing! Sunday mornings in Paris are the best time to indulge in eating croissants.....but remember, no butter! I ordered an almond croissant......that's what you are looking at.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Breakfast in Paris can be very problematic if you are trying to avoid carbs and fat. So it's a good opportunity to indulge, at least within reason. What a perfect croissant! What a great way to indulge! (I had a good one at lunch today, far from Paris, but stuffed with a chicken, almond and grape salad.)

wheresmymind said...

I was always starved by lunch while in France...I'm sure if I lived there I'd adjust just fine :)

K and S said...

mmm, never tried croissants while I visited Paris (can you believe it?) will definitely have to go again!

Austen said...

looks delicious to me! sounds like you're having a marvelous trip.

Katie said...

As much as I love a perfect croissant....I love the pan au chocolat more! And the bakery at our local market makes the best of both...such decisions!

Brilynn said...

That is an enormous croissant! I want one...