Thursday, December 17, 2009

White and Green


White and green and delicious! One of my favorite vegetable dishes to prepare around the holidays.......it dresses up turkey, ham or your favorite roast. My French sister taught me how to peel each stalk and steam it perfectly. I have a recipe to make homemade mayonnaise to top the asparagus, but it appears I just do not have the know-how or expertise to make the mayo as good as she does~so, the Hellman's appears! This side dish can be served chilled or hot, either way, it makes a beautiful presentation.

5 comments:

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

White and green - very festive indeed! I'm going to have to work on my white asparagus - It seems like "the new black."

K and S said...

looks delicious, happy holidays!

Simona Carini said...

I have never had white asparagus. Your dish looks very festive and inviting. Happy Holidays!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Love the photo. I make homemade mayonnaise in the food processor and it's fairly easy. My mother used to make it by hand and until I was a teen, I didn't realize you could buy mayonnaise in a jar at the store.
Imagine that.
Sam

Christine said...

Oh my, those beauties look delicious! I used to make mayonnaise when I worked in a restaurant, but haven't done it in years. Now I'm inspired. It's too bad that we don't get white asparagus around here.