Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fish and Chips from Bowpicker ~ street food!

Astoria Column ~ built to commemorate the migration to the Pacific coast. Take the trek up the 164 steps to view the incredible sight below. A great way to work off all those extra fries you just inhaled from the  Bowpicker! 

Pull up in your car, walk right up and order!You may have to wait 10-15 minutes but, certainly worth the time. 

Bowpicker is located near the Maritime Museum, right off the main street next to the water. (Another great place to visit while traveling through Astoria,OR)

I have eaten my share of fish and chips around the earth and I will say, they get 5 stars!

They use Albacore Tuna and what a difference that makes~not fishy, not dry, just down right delicious.

Busy in the kitchen-opps, galley!

This was a half order which hubby and I shared-plenty! I noticed an extra bite or two in there.....hummm...

10 comments:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Looks delicious!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Fish and chips are wonderful if done well!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

Even better than a food truck! I love it!

Claudia said...

Wish I was there. Eating. Fish and chips.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

This is my kind of place. Nothing beats great fish and chips. I can't get over the great prices too. Wow.
Sam

Fresh Local and Best said...

I love fish and chips and I could certainly try an albacore tuna version.

Velva said...

This is awesome! very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Velva

Anonymous said...

Wow! That column is stunning! And the fish and chips look like a nice treat. Yum! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Reeni said...

What a neat little place! The fish and chips look delicious!

Miller Eddie said...

Thanks for this blog post