Saturday, September 09, 2006

Let's Travel!

For a brief period, I'm going to break away from my normal routine and post a few photos of markets and food pictures. After all, this is how I received my blog name, "Traveling Food Lady." This is not to say I will not come back to my wonderful French recipes and pictures...I most certainly will! Once a Francophile always....


On to Mumbai, once-upon-a-time, Bombay. Here, I am visiting a public market just about to open and having a brief conversation about the mangoes. Everyone is excited to show their produce and to be photographed. A refreshing group of people to visit with and most accommodating. The next few pictures will give you some idea of what a market looks like. ...hoping to inspire you to take a visit and see for yourself!

So you like chickens, well, here they are. Fresh and right from the farm. Which one do you want?

The last photo was taken in Jordan. I am trying to purchase one dollars worth of frankincense........I had never seen it or had any idea how it was produced. Actually, it is the sap from a tree. But once again, a friendly merchant trying his best to accommodate this stranger. I am constantly amazed at the vendors and their products, blending cultures, ideas, and tastes.....and sharing with the Traveling Food Lady.


Chickens at their best...





Frankincense purchase...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can almost smell the marketplace!

P.S. Dashing hat!

Katie said...

What wonderful markets! Have you been to the one in Bacelona? It's wonderful, esp. during Christmas.